This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Trial and Error Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NotAsra
Officer

re: Loot Rules

Reposted from here.

Currently this is how we do things (or at least try to):

When a piece of loot drops we ask for those interested, then based on the following not-so-scientific formula we determine who should get it via loot council:

1) Eliminate recruits from consideration unless only recruits want the item.

2) If the item is highly sought after and both members as well as raiders want it, then eliminate members from consideration unless there is a compelling reason for that member to be left in (for example a weapon that is best in slot for DPS but a raider healer wants it over a DPS member, more than likely we don't give to raider automatically).

3) If the item is an equivalent upgrade for all those interested filter out anyone below raider from consideration

4) If the item is a tier piece try to evenly spread out tier pieces as best we can, the ideal situation is to give one to a DPS, one to a tank and one to a healer since 3 drop on 25 man. This does not always work out since we cannot guarantee which tokens will drop or who hasn't gotten stuff in a while etc but it is a good goal in any case.

5) If we still don't know who should get it we then try and weight who is the best fit for the item from the following reasons: Seniority, effectiveness of the item to the individuals class/role, how long it has been since each person interested has gotten something of comparable value, how long it has been since each interested person has gotten anything at all. From this we usually decide, occasionally we ask for feedback on an item before handing it out too. Also some items may bypass a lot of these "rules

6) Entirely simply because we haven't gotten so many of them or we wont ever get a lot of them (legendaries for example)

That all having been said, I personally think our system works out pretty well, it is certainly not broken and also is certainly not perfect but it gets the job done. Now, my personal opinion aside I am interested in how everyone else feels about the system and please don't hold back if you have strong feelings about it one way or another, if necessary you can just PM me or any of the other officers to say how you feel about it too.

Feel free to respond with specific tweaks to our current model or if your so inclined feel free to suggest an entirely different approach, the only rules i would place on such a system are that it must balance raid effectiveness with member happiness and it must allow us to distribute loot to the best person for the item rather than the person with the absolute best attendance.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Trial and Error Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Calendar
Ventrilo Status
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed